will open again in March 2024
Price per game
Adults: € 6
Children up to 12 years: € 3,50
Pack of ten tickets (non-transferable) : € 50
Pack of ten tickets for children up to 12 years (non-transferable) : € 30
+43 699 146 43 160
For an exclusive event with plenty of amore
Hire the whole sculpture park exclusively for your guests and join them in a round of minigolf. If you’d like to book drinks and snacks from our restaurateur, just let us know and we’d be delighted to help:
A beach on the Italian Riviera, a refreshing drink and a refined game of minigolf. “MQ Amore” brings a quintessential symbol of 1950s freedom back to life as a sculpture park. These playable works of art in the form of minigolf courses were designed by five artists and art collectives selected in cooperation with the MuseumsQuartier institutions Leopold Museum, Kunsthalle Wien, Architekturzentrum Wien, and Q21. The park makes it possible to experience contemporary art actively and, for the first time, is present not just in the MuseumsQuartier courtyards but also in the MQ forecourt. The grounds of the MuseumsQuartier are expanded beyond their external walls into the fabric of the city; inside is connected with outside. The fact that the artworks can be played on creates a dialog with the works – giving new meaning to the idea of art outreach.
In designing the structural implementation of the sculpture park, architect Daniel Sanwald, responsible for the overall concept, took inspiration from the visual vocabulary of the 1950s. “The contoured courses represent the heart of the installation. Based on the form of the beach, shaped by waves, the gravel and turf areas swirl around the ensemble and invite visitors to linger at their leisure. Thanks to the lighting, the site is bathed in the warm glow of a late-summer Italian piazza. As the first point of contact for issuing playing equipment, drinks and snacks, the little kiosk completes the installation. “MQ Amore” is a space of encounter, of dialog, for sporting and artistic fun in the heart of Vienna, and it feels like a mini-vacation.”
“MQ Amore” – a sculpture park to fall in love with!
The required playing equipment (club, ball, MQ Amore Booklet, scorecard) can be obtained from the MQ Amore kiosk. A deposit must be paid. One entry fee pays for one round (12 holes).
1. The ball should be played from the tee-off area marked on the course. This is the only area of the course you can walk on, but only if absolutely necessary.
2. Each player attempts to hit the ball into the hole with as few strokes as possible.
3. You cannot walk on the artworks when playing.
4. The number of strokes taken is entered on the scorecard.
5. Each player has a maximum of six strokes for each course. If these have been used up without holing, the number of strokes is entered on the scorecard as 7.
6. The total number of strokes taken is the final score. The player with the fewest strokes wins.
7. If the ball comes to rest outside the course, it must be replaced by hand at the same spot from where it was struck.
8. If the ball comes to a halt at the edge or on an obstacle, it may be moved up to 20cm in order to enable play to continue.