recommending institutionfreiraum quartier21 INTERNATIONAL
time periodMay 2011 - May 2011
-2005-2009 : Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Fashion Department, Antwerpen, Belgium,
Master in Fashion Design
-2003-2005 : B.T.S in Fashion Design, silk-screen printing in additional option , ESAA Duperré, Paris, France
-2002-2003 : Foundation course in Art and Design, Vincennes, France
-2000-2001: First year Bachelor at the University of Psychology, Strasbourg, France
-2000: Baccalauréat degree in Economic and Social Science, Altkirch, France
-Currently: Teacher of Fashion Design at Esmod Tokyo, alongside with Mikio Sakabe, Yoshikazu Yamagata and Steven Hall.
- September 2012-April 2013: Designer for the Costume Design Studio "Atelier 88%" in Asakusabashi, Tokyo. This atelier is specialized in Dance, Theater and Opera for Contemporary Performance Scene. Clients are Setagaya Public theatre, TV channel NHK, Daikarudakan Butoh dance company, independent contemporary dance and theatre company...
-July-August 2012: Assistant designer Yuima Nakazato
-September 2012- currently: Jury member of first and second year examinations at "Esperanza", Shoe School in Asakusa, Tokyo..
-2009-2012 : Ra BVBA-Designer
- Sept-October 2012: Design of a pop up shop space in Joyce Hong Kong in collaboration with Ra BVBA."JOYCE sets up a pop-up store designed by Elise Gettliffe in JOYCE Pacific Place for 11 RA’s emerging labels, including Andrea Cammarosano, Anna Kushnerova, Elise Gettliffe, House of Matching Colours, Lena Lumelsky, Mariel Manuel, Narelle Dore, Niels Perraer, Pierre Antoine, Romain Brau, Sayaka Yamamoto."
-January-March 2012 -Leather Bag collection presented in March 2012 in Paris, presentation in October 2012 at Joyce Hong Kong.
- June 2011: “The glass thrower” Creation of a costume for a performance in association with Ra BVBA and ENTERTAINMENT & DESIRE – a festival of independent art spaces at the KECK-KIOSK during ART BASEL 2011. Showcase during Man fashion week, Ra showroom, June 2011
- February 2011: "Liza's territory" presentation in the Momu Antwerp, Belgium and Ra showroom, Paris. Fashion and photography exhibition based around sartorial and visual reinterpretations of Helena Lumelsky's teenage daughter, images shot by photographer Zeb Daemen featuring 8 contributors:
Narelle Dore, Johanna Trudzinski, Hide a.h., Damien Fredriksen Ravn, Lena Lumelsky, Johan Akesson, Elise Gettliffe and Heaven Tanudiredja.
-November 2010-January 2011: Elise Gettliffe FW 2011 Unisex "Smiley", showroom in January 2012, Paris
-June 2010-October 2010: Elise Gettliffe SS 2011 , "Craft" showroom in October 2010, Paris
- March 2010: "Blackboard room", Art installation for Extreme Black exhibition with the Momu Museum featuring Aitor Throup, BLESS, Bruno Pieters, Butterfly Soulfire, Hannah Marshall, Heaven Tanudiredja, John Rocha, J. Smith Esquire, Lion Blau, Elise Gettliffe,Louise Goldin, Rad Hourani and Yuima Nakazato- Ra, Antwerp, Belgium
- October 2009-January 2010: Elise Gettliffe, FW 2010 "Papiers collés", showroom in January 2010,Paris
-October 2009: Mural painting "Black dripping" Art installation and "CO2" collection presentation, Ra, Antwerp, Belgium
-July 2010-June 2011: DAVID SZETO, free lance Designer
- creation of all the print for -AW 2011, -SS2012 and partial for SS 2010
-May 2011: 1 month Artist in Residence program in The MuseumQuartier in preparation of the exhibition “Get in the Haze”, Vienna
- July-October 2009: CHRISTIAN WIJNANTS
-Assistant Designer Christian Wijnants ( summer collection 2010), Antwerp
- March-June 2008:WALTER VAN BEIRENDONCK
-Accessories creation for “Explicit collection” Summer 2009 for Walter Beirendonck , Pitti Uomo
-2008-2009: Creation of woven fabric, work on unique and new process of weaving and knitting for own collection, Tillburg, Holland, 2009
-Mars-July 2004: YVAN MISPELAERE
-Internship Yvan Mispelaere ( embroidery drawings used for Chloé SS 2008…), Paris
Damn n°29, "A Haze in Vienna", July august 2011
Not a Toy, Pictoplasma, Berlin, Two pages in the book, June 2011
Wall paper, March 2011 issue
Pulp news Paper, April 2010
Zone 3, February 2010
Standard, January 2010
I-D, Winter 2009-2010
Week End Knack, September 2009
Ozon, April 2009
I-D magazine, issue January 2009
Wall Paper, December 2008
Tendencias Madrid, October 2008
ModeDepesche September 2008
Show Off, Royal Academy of Fine Arts, Antwerp 2008
PULP magazine issue 51 « Backstage special », France, 2007
Vogue Italy, Vogue Japan
Winner I-D styling awards, (one month internship with I-D team in London attending to be the artistic director of a photo shoot, ITS Eight 2009, Trieste Italy
Winner Week End Knack Award, Photo shoot with Luc Praet with a publication of 6 pages in Week End Knack september 2009
Winner Fashion Special Prize Pure Creativity, 5000 euros, ITS Seven 2008, Trieste Italy
-Oct2009-January 2012: " i Fabric European Talent", presentation of a young generation of highly promising designers from Europe, Textile Museum, Tilburg, Holland
- June 2011: “AAARRRGGGHHH, Monster in Fashion” exhibition at the Benaki Museum, Athens
-June 2011: “Sugar House”, Collective exhibition in Arnhem, Holland during the Fashion Biennale, featuring Narelle Dore, Frederik Heyman, Romain Brau, Anna Kushnerova, Petrus Heeren, Elise Gettliffe
- May 2011: “Get in the Haze”, Art Installation, collective Exhibition in the MuseumQuartier, Vienna, featuring 21 designers, photographs and artists: Daniel Sannwald, Elise Gettliffe, Jean-Paul Lespagnard, Andrea Cammarosano, Bissy Bunder, Bart Hess, House of Matching Colors, Johanna Trudzinski,
Irène Alvarez, Mariel Manuel, Pierre-Antoine Vettorello, Frederik Heyman, LVMM, LLuis Corujo Besga, Narelle Dore, Yuima Nakazato, Johan Akesson/Ayumi Mori, Lars Paschke, Lliure Briz, Pellican Avenue
- October 2008: Fashion and Flavor exhibition, photographic and art installation of Bachelor collection, Momu, Antwerp
-May 2008: Stedelijk Museum ’s-Hertogenbosch, 3 looks of my bachelor collection
Men and woman’s wear designer
Sewing, hand and machine
Knitting, hand and machine
French native language, English fluent speaking/writing
ELISE GETTLIFFE (FRA) will take part at the exhibition GET IN THE HAZE at freiraum quartier21 INTERNATIONAL.
She breathes new, bohemian, theatrical life
into menswear, with designs that bring the
circus to the street. She infuses her work
with a strong sense of fantasy and joy,
spontaneously contrasting elements without
any inhibitions. Each season, she explores
different materials, and she loves to work
with colors and yarns.
Her many collaborations include the development of a unique weaving process in collaboration with the Tilburg Textielmuseum and participation in Walter Van Beirendonck’s eXplicit collection SS09. She is a participating artist in Pictoplasma‘s forthcoming publication Not a Toy and will take part in ARRRGH!, an exhibition at the Benaki Museum in Athens, Greece, in May 2011.