- Raum D / Q21
SUBOTRON pro games: PLAY AUSTRIA 1.5
FREIER EINTRITT, KUNST, FILM & DIGITALE KULTUR
Beta-Testing of the latest games and prototypes made in Austria!
Since PLAY AUSTRIA, our fair of the Austrian games scene, will be back in Spring 2019, we still want to present an overview of what´s cooking in local developer laboratories 2018 in an informal setting like every year.
In the last ten years, the games industry in Austria has experienced strong growth. The number of companies has multiplied, and the diversity and degree of specialization of the companies have continually grown. Small businesses and midsize companies have the opportunity to develop and market their games projects fully independently. The local industry is broadened by young, successful enterprises, whose founders are often lateral entrants from other industries or which have emerged from student projects. Recruited from this setting is the next generation of game developers, which has become more broad and dynamic in recent years thanks to the well-developed funding landscape and the continually improving economic framework.
What are these creators working on at the moment? Which milestones did they achieve during the last months? What´s their opinion on current trends? Get in touch with the local game dev scene, play with their ideas and ask them everything about their work and life.
The following games are ready to play:
– (new prototypes) by kunabi brother
– (new prototypes) by Iron Mountain
– “2018: An Astro Oddity” by Ben Wahl & Sebastian Merkl
– “Bloodrushers” by HTL Spengergasse
– “City Heroes” by Purple Lamp
– “Creative Towers” by Waltzing
– “Drone Swarm” by stillalive
– “Hans and his Quest of Madness” by Nonex
– “Hey Love! Adam” by nutnut
– “Lightfield Hyper Version” by Lost in the Garden
– “Lil Monk” by Postmodestie
– “Navalon” by Sad Hombres
– “Once Upon a Nightmare” by FH Technikum Wien
– “Pixel Soldier” by Accidently Awesome
– “Rulsego” by HTL Spengergasse
– “Seeds of Sol” by Rarebyte
– “Spinnorality” by James Patton
– “Tower of Egbert” by Giggly Mill
– “Value” by ANCIENTGAME
– “Wanted” by apptec
– “Weaving Tides” by Follow the Feathers
– “WUNDERBERG” by Game Gestalt